The Steamboat Real Estate market report is back after six weeks when it pained me to look at the weekly solds and pendings because so little was going on.
So after a flurry of activity this week, I took a peak at the Steamboat MLS data to look at the Big Picture in real estate sales. In the last six weeks between June 15-July 29, 46 Steamboat properties sold. All but three sold at a discount from the list price. (The three that sold for “full price” were side-by-side lots in Stagecoach that were on the bargain rack at $10,000 each.)
How big were the discounts?
- Two Eagle Ridge Townhomes sold in the $800’s. Shocking.
- A Cabin at Lake Catamount sold for $1,200,000. Unheard of.
- A bank-owned 6200 sq ft house in Emerald Meadows sold for $1,300,000. Practically criminal.
Who are the winners in all these transactions? The Buyers.
The current Steamboat real estate market has rolled back prices to a time when Steamboat Springs didn’t have a brand-new Community Center. There was no new Library. No new 6-pack high-speed lift. No re-grading of the beginner terrain at the base. No new pools at the Old Town Hot Springs. No brand-new elementary school and make-overs at the other elementary and the middle school.
Buyers can purchase a place in Steamboat now — at prices not seen in literally years—and get the New and Improved Steamboat community amenities and Intrawest’s mountain upgrades they’ll enjoy for decades. Call 970.819.6372 or
- Search Steamboat Condos and Townhomes under $500,000
- Search Steamboat Condos and Townhomes between $500,000-$1,000,000
- Search Steamboat’s Old Town and downtown properties
- Search homes in the Fish Creek Falls area of Steamboat
or, customize your own search and