Steamboat Real Estate Market Snapshot for May 2011 (Thanks to Stan Urban, Land Title)
Steamboat Real Estate Volume & Units Sold
- May has been Steamboat Springs’ best month in 2011 and units sold were the second highest.
- Steamboat real estate Dollar Volume was $50,417,300 and there were 137 units sold.
Steamboat Real Estate By Area
The Steamboat Mountain Area continues to show the strongest sales with 24 units and $11,719,400 in dollar volume.
- Median Sales Price of the Steamboat Mountain Area was $372,500 up 6% over last month.
- May 2010, the Steamboat Mountain Area had 29 sales and $17,144,400 in dollar volume and a Median Transaction Price of $430,000.
Steamboat Fractional Ownership
- In May, there were 63 Steamboat fractional ownership sales for a total sales volume of $3,046,700. Median Sales Transaction price was $34,900.
- May 2010, there were 129 Steamboat fractional ownership sales for a total volume of $9,343,000 with a median sales price of $45,700.
Steamboat Real Estate Price Points
- Residential Improved Units in May 2011 showed an improvement over the same time period of last year. In May 2010 there were only 48 and this year we had 58.
- 64% were $500,000 or less, compared with May 2010 of 60%
Steamboat Foreclosures/Bank Sales
- Steamboat Springs REO/bank sales continue to be strong, hopefully helping to clear the bank-owned inventory.
- There were 15 Steamboat Springs REO/Bank sales in May with a Median Sales Price of $250,000.